Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Mount Dora, Florida

Our friends, Tom and Michele, took us to the lakeside city of Mount Dora yesterday. What a beautiful treasure in the center of Florida! The downtown area is situated on Lake Dora and is loaded with quaint little shops and restaurants. Michele and I sent the men to the lake while we went shopping. Are you surprised? We had lunch in a cafe located on the top floor of a building. I believe it was called One Flight Up. They offered food items similar to Panera and was broken up into individual rooms that were probably used as living quarters above the shops in the early 1900s.  It reminded me of the rooms on the second floors of the old buildings in Garrettsville. It was here that I finally had a great cup of coffee (I miss my Keurig so much!).





I borrowed these pictures from a website since I didn't take any of my own pictures. Evidently, we missed so many other attractions in this city, including the original victorian home of the city and a segway tour, to name a few. I'll add this to the list of areas we need to visit again.





No comments:

Post a Comment